PDA

View Full Version : How to make MS run in a window [easy guide]

Creedo
13th May 2006, 19:58
I'm writing this short guide on how to run in a window after seeing many posts about it

running in a window is very simple, all you need is DXWnd
Click HERE (http://www.mpcforum.com/showthread.php?t=121533&highlight=dxwnd) for the sticky to download it

download it and open DXWnd, it should be a small window with the target:
C: \Program Files\MapleStory\Maplestory.exe
while this is open, start up MS, if it goes into a window you're done with this guide, just open DXWnd before you start MS

If it doesnt go to a window, close MS and fo this:
Right-Click your MapleStory icon (wherever it is, probably on the desktop) then go to Properties
under "Target" it should show something like:
'C: \Program Files\Wizet\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe'
whatever it is copy it and go to DXWnd, then click the current target so it's highlighted
now press edit then modify, and paste the target into the box, then press OK
keep DXWnd opened, and open MapleStory

if you followed the steps correctly, you should be running a windowed MS

Credits: whoever made DXWnd and Diddle for the sticky
HAPPY HACKING

LOLRAZERRUBBER
13th May 2006, 20:37
lol this may help some noob

sasuke604
13th May 2006, 21:30
hurraayy its noob friendly ^^

KillerCows
13th May 2006, 21:31
Sadly, its helped me lol

InFaDeLiTy
13th May 2006, 21:42
To bad this still hasnt helped me.
I targeted MS
I did the right clicking thing to closed MS and opened DX and ran MS and its opening in window.

blade888
13th May 2006, 21:53
dxwnd still doesnt work for me and i dunno why
everytime i start it it ends on in full screen but the only weird thing is that every now and then i get random black boxes that shows up on the screen
i already redled it like 30 times and follow all the tutorials including the one where rache said copy this into the dxwnd.ini

im thinking that dxwnd works on certain comps and not others or that it just hates my comp lol

aznriceboi83
13th May 2006, 22:22
I'm writing this short guide on how to run in a window after seeing many posts about it

running in a window is very simple, all you need is DXWnd
Click HERE (http://www.mpcforum.com/showthread.php?t=121533&highlight=dxwnd) for the sticky to download it

download it and open DXWnd, it should be a small window with the target:
C: \Program Files\MapleStory\Maplestory.exe
while this is open, start up MS, if it goes into a window you're done with this guide, just open DXWnd before you start MS

If it doesnt go to a window, close MS and fo this:
Right-Click your MapleStory icon (wherever it is, probably on the desktop) then go to Properties
under "Target" it should show something like:
'C: \Program Files\Wizet\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe'
whatever it is copy it and go to DXWnd, then click the current target so it's highlighted
now press edit then modify, and paste the target into the box, then press OK
keep DXWnd opened, and open MapleStory

if you followed the steps correctly, you should be running a windowed MS

Credits: whoever made DXWnd and Diddle for the sticky
HAPPY HACKING

OR, you can just execute (open) the program by double-clicking on the Maple Story thing in the DXWnd.

If your Maple Story folder isn't in 'C: \Program Files\Wizet\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe', then go to Edit>Modify>Press the "..." and find it.

There shouldn't even be a guide for this anyways. If you don't know how to do one of the most simplest things, how the **** would know how to even input codes.

Creedo
13th May 2006, 22:36
its not inputting codes, its copying and pasting
anyway i tried to help, its the thought that counts

aznriceboi83
13th May 2006, 23:25
its not inputting codes, its copying and pasting
anyway i tried to help, its the thought that counts

I know it isn't inputting codes. It's referring to Cheat Engine. Try reading it again.

ahhongzai
14th May 2006, 00:00
but there is someone say in this forums... DXwnd cant work already.... so....

sasuke604
14th May 2006, 00:12
DXwnd works but its just really laggy.. for me

Takuto
14th May 2006, 00:17
Even the most simplest things we should be thankful for, if it helped you or if you already did know, its the thought that counts and those who post things, do so on there own time and the soul purpose they do so is to help others, that is what we all should be thankful for. Those who post things to help others are the true MPC members. That goes for the programmers that release there programs.

Creedo
14th May 2006, 01:04
thanks takuto....and DXWnd might not work for everyone, but it does for me, without lag

aznriceboi83
14th May 2006, 01:08
DXwnd works but its just really laggy.. for me

DXWnd is really laggy because it has to constantly force Maple Story into a window (Think of 2 wrestlers and 1 is constantly trying to pin the other down to submission). This is my guess.

kittonkicker
14th May 2006, 01:29
DXWnd is really laggy because it has to constantly force Maple Story into a window (Think of 2 wrestlers and 1 is constantly trying to pin the other down to submission). This is my guess.

You wish it did!! I should think that all DXWND does, is tells your direct3d driver that it's gotta run the program in windowed mode.

It's laggy because you've got a s**t pc and/or graphics card. It works perfectly on my desktop pc...but it works like a pile of shite on my laptop (because my gpu is fried).

SunBeam
14th May 2006, 02:35
He forgot to say that you also need to set the DirectX to DX8 :)

dscythe
14th May 2006, 03:36
for those of you saying it wont work, i had the same problem. MS kept loading up in a full screen but then i changed the target. When you copied and pasted you probably had the quotes still on but when i took them off, it worked.

younglinkie
14th May 2006, 05:07
My problem is that, for a second it DOES windowed, but before it loads, you just see its outlines, it closes and then gives me error code: -2005530516 (Unknown error 0x8876076 C)

PimpinAintEasy
14th May 2006, 07:47
please edit it and put something like will not work for everyone cuz i have tried dozens of times and it doesnt work its something bcuz of my laptop even tho its a brand new Pavillion and i have even tried those already configured Dxwnds u can download

InFaDeLiTy
14th May 2006, 08:09
Anyone got special Dx settings?

Creedo
14th May 2006, 18:54
it doesnt lag on my desktop or laptop, but almost all games run alot more smooth on the laptop
only problem is the constant overheating