Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: nProtect GameGuard Bypass Strategy Suggestion

Post nProtect GameGuard Bypass Strategy Suggestion

Summary of Bypasses through MapleSEA GameGuard:
    (As of Feb 14 2006, 3 AM, GMT+8)

- Server Emulation Method

Explaination:
    Creation of your own server inside your computer, and using a set of old GameGuard server files, which is not able to detect most existing hacks, and making the GameGuard client to update using the old files. Thus, hacks will be usable.

Comments:
    GameGuard Revision 641 was the first version of GameGuard in MapleSEA, and, using old GameGuard files for other games (OMS, JMS, MU...) will fail the CRC by GameGuard.des using MapleStorySG.ini configuration file.

CRC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRC

- "Jamilah" Method

Explaination:
    Attempts to disable GameGuard from detecting hacks.

Comments:
    It has been patched before/on Rev 641, thus rendered it unusable.
    But there are posts regarding executing it when MSEA is starting up.

Post on using Jamilah: (Will put up links later)

- Win98 Method

Explaination:
    GameGuard is not functional when MapleSEA is running on a Windows 98 computer. Anyway, for those that wants to have both Windows 98 and XP on the same computer, here's an article from Microsoft.

Comments:
    I, myself, was quite amazed when I found a post on this. But it seems like people had not problem with this at all.

Posts on using Windows 98 to bypass:
    http://www.mpcforum.com/showthread.php?t=124257

Multibooting: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...multiboot.mspx

- PrevX-only Method

Explaination:
    I don't how this thing works, but maybe it supposes to prevent executions of commands on a process-specfic level.

Comments:
    Many complained that it could not work. Seems like only the poster could get it working.

Prevx-only Bypass by wongss:
    http://www.mpcforum.com/showthread.php?t=124431

- DLL Injection method

Explaination:
    Not very sure, but it was related to inserting codes into a running process.

Comments:
    No comments, but I heard of it a few times in many forums.
    Anyway, read up on this example on mIRC, if you could understand the codes. haha.

CodeProject:
    http://www.codeproject.com/dll/DLL_I...n_tutorial.asp

- Recompiling Cheat Engine

Explaination:
    MapleSEA GameGuard detects hacks by two methods, one is by scanning for hooks to MapleStory.exe, the other is to look out for blacklisted process names, and of course, this included Cheat Engine.
    What you do here, is to rename everything detected in Cheat Engine, which include filenames, function names and so on.

Comments:
    So far, this is the most popular, successful, but tedious (when I say tedious, it's really GDF TEDIOUS). I personally have not tried this method, but will be when I have more time.
    Read my post (Post #32 of this thread) for links and more info.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Original Post:

After more than 8 hours of pure freakin' research over the past 3 days, this is something I would like to suggest.

First thing - Prevent any more patches from future GameGuard updates

If your hack or bypass is going to end up being patched over after a few days, what's the point of hacking?

So, to prevent any future patches, have a emulated server with your current GameGuard files, so that when the new GameGuard patches arrives, your bypass would still be working, if you have any (bypass).

How to emulate a server (I will be putting up my own at my site soon, coz theirs only work for MapleGlobal):
    http://server2.norcomp.org/~msecrets...read.php?t=190

There's a list of file names somewhere in the middle of this page:
    http://www.mpcforum.com/showthread.php?t=123993

Of course, the easiest way is to host just the update.cfg locally while preserving your GameGuard folder in MapleStory.

IF your only excuse for keeping your bypass private is to because you're afraid that publicity will get your bypass patched, which is some members here are saying, I think you should have no problems sharing now. That means, if you don't share your bypasses with us, you're only as good as the leechers and beggers here.

Anyway, before I continue, stop saying the computer-programming noobs are leeching off this site. I have been reading this MPCForum for the past few days, and noted some of the most irritating post pattern:

- In the middle of the discussion of how to bypass, someone says:
    I cannot use CE 5.2!!!!! ARGHHHHH!!!!! Everytime I use it, it will restart my comp. Can anyone help me? PLZZZZ....

- Then, comes a arrogant ass saying:
    Stop Leeching/Spamming/Begging/Asking for hacks la, you noobs! Admins should ban all these ***** I already have a bypass, but I wouldn't tell it to you bunch of noobs.

When we know that the know-all-person is juz trying to show off something he didn't have at all 99% of the time.

I, myself, don't know anything much about computer programming (excluding PHP), but we're not leeching. Maybe next time, you would like to have a simple damage calculator on the web, just give me the formula that you manage to hack out of MapleStory and I can help you to make the web calculator. You can call this the civililized society's knowledge barter trade, and I don't care. The thing is that, we're NOT leeching, but just that we don't have a way to reciprocate and say a 'Thanks' for the hacks provided.

Second thing - Hacking the GameGuard files

It's quite ironic, to hack GameGuard so that you could hack MapleStory, but it's one of the only available ways to computer-programming noobs like me.

Some of us have tried emulating the server with Rev 588 GG files, but failed. They pop up with an error, asking you to email them the .erl files.

Of course, unless you're an *****, you won't send them the ERror Log files and tell them that you're hacking.

If I'm not wrong, it's because of the update.cfg in the server-side GameGuard that's checking the version thing and so on. It's actually POSSIBLE to use GameGuard files from JMS, OMS and whateverMS as they're the same. What makes them different is the update.cfg. If you have much spare time, read up on this. (It's in German, but there is one quote that is in English, regarding the handshakes of the GameGuard program.)

http://forum.onlinewelten.com/showpost.php?p=260578

Thus, I tried opening up the update.cfg on Notepad and it gave me a pile of shitty encrypted codes that humans can't read. So, I went to Googling and found a tool to decrypt the code.

http://aluigi.altervista.org/

Look for the 09 Apr 2005 regarding the decrypter tool.

From the program, I found out that you could decrypt the code, but if you change it and encrypt it back for use, the GameGuard.des will reject the file and give an error. Furthermore, they're using a public key encryption system (key to decrypt is public, while key to encrypt is private - opposite of the way as compared to how e-mails are encrypted)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography

This makes it hard to find the only key to encrypt the file back, and by the time you find one through brute force, MapleStory would have shut down. Thus, the only way to get pass this is to patch the GameGuard.des.

So, we have now a flow chart of how to hack MapleStory.

To hack MapleStory, you must first hack GG's update.cfg >>>
    To hack GG's update.cfg, you must first hack GG's GameGuard.des

So, guess like we need an expert on cryptography?

For those curious but lazy to decrypt the code, here's the decrypted code of both MapleGlobal GameGuard Rev 588 and MapleSEA GameGuard Rev 641.

Rev 588:

[GAME]
    GAME_NAME=MapleStoryUS
    SENDERL=1

[FILE101]
    DESCRIPTION=nProtect GameGuard Engine
    FILENAME=GameMon.npz
    REALFILENAME=GameMon.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.11.21.1
    CRC32=2382315489
    OPTION=0

[FILE102]
    FILENAME=npgg9x.npz
    REALFILENAME=npgg9x.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.11.17.1
    CRC32=4119135710
    OPTION=0

[FILE103]
    FILENAME=npggNT.npz
    REALFILENAME=npggNT.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.11.17.1
    CRC32=3256549221
    OPTION=0

[FILE104]
    FILENAME=npsc.npz
    REALFILENAME=npsc.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.11.12.1
    CRC32=1215866079
    OPTION=0

[FILE105]
    FILENAME=nppt9x.npz
    REALFILENAME=nppt9x.vxd
    DESTINATION={sys}
    VERSION=
    CRC32=317793346
    OPTION=0
    NOAUTH=1

[FILE106]
    FILENAME=npptNT2.npz
    REALFILENAME=npptNT2.sys
    DESTINATION={sys}
    VERSION=2005.1.5.1
    CRC32=3155204954
    OPTION=0
    NOAUTH=1

[FILE107]
    FILENAME=MapleStoryUS.npz
    REALFILENAME=MapleStoryUS.ini
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=
    CRC32=3350349389
    OPTION=0

[FILE108]
    FILENAME=Splash.npz
    REALFILENAME=Splash.jpg
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=
    CRC32=2324000846
    OPTION=0
    NOAUTH=1

[FILE109]
    FILENAME=NPSCAN.npz
    REALFILENAME=NPSCAN.DES
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.10.5.0
    CRC32=1804480341
    OPTION=0

[FILE110]
    FILENAME=npgmup.npz
    REALFILENAME=npgmup.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.9.7.1
    CRC32=1650353519
    OPTION=0

Rev 641:

[GAME]
    GAME_NAME=MapleStorySG
    SENDERL=1

[FILE101]
    FILENAME=GameMon.npz
    REALFILENAME=GameMon.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2006.1.25.1
    CRC32=1989285903
    OPTION=0

[FILE102]
    FILENAME=npgg9x.npz
    REALFILENAME=npgg9x.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.11.17.1
    CRC32=2232461434
    OPTION=0

[FILE103]
    FILENAME=npggNT.npz
    REALFILENAME=npggNT.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.11.17.1
    CRC32=3707142570
    OPTION=0

[FILE104]
    FILENAME=npsc.npz
    REALFILENAME=npsc.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.12.14.1
    CRC32=128583239
    OPTION=0

[FILE105]
    FILENAME=nppt9x.npz
    REALFILENAME=nppt9x.vxd
    DESTINATION={sys}
    VERSION=
    CRC32=317793346
    OPTION=0
    NOAUTH=1

[FILE106]
    FILENAME=npptNT2.npz
    REALFILENAME=npptNT2.sys
    DESTINATION={sys}
    VERSION=2005.1.5.1
    CRC32=3155204954
    OPTION=0
    NOAUTH=1

[FILE107]
    FILENAME=MapleStorySG.npz
    REALFILENAME=MapleStorySG.ini
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=
    CRC32=677738167
    OPTION=0

[FILE108]
    FILENAME=Splash.npz
    REALFILENAME=Splash.jpg
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=
    CRC32=766384009
    OPTION=0
    NOAUTH=1

[FILE109]
    FILENAME=NPSCAN.npz
    REALFILENAME=NPSCAN.DES
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2006.2.2.0
    CRC32=813052567
    OPTION=0

[FILE110]
    FILENAME=npgmup.npz
    REALFILENAME=npgmup.des
    DESTINATION={appgg}
    VERSION=2005.11.17.1
    CRC32=134737386
    OPTION=0

Update: Third thing:

Juz curious to ask before I shut down my com, is it possible to emulate the server for MapleStory and run MapleSEA v0.22 instead, like people did it for GameGuard? I was wondering, why all this trouble, when they did not exist in the previous version.

Anyway, good luck hacking, to everyone else and myself. Cheers.

Juz in case my signature is not working:
    Contact me at: xxx155@gmail.com
    Current Web URL(Changing soon): http://x155.zeeblo.com/
    Last edited by x155; 13th February 2006 at 21:36.

excellent tut on haxing... =P
    now i'm gonna use the decrypter and hax MS ^_^
    good thing u brought it up

PS : lmao, siggy too long XD
    Quote Originally Posted by BooTheGhost
    THEN YOU FAIL AT LIFE!

Hmm...it is not a tutorial actually. It's a suggestion. And you need to be able to hack the GameGuard.des, which I can't and don't know how, before even continuing. Anyway, juz have an emulated server with the update.cfg in the server before they're patched again.

lol i already have emulated rev 588. but now since ur suggestion, i get an idea of how to hax MS ^_^

b4 ur thread, i didn't know what program to use to hax gameguard.des and stuff like that lolz

thx alot , keep the good work up =D
    Quote Originally Posted by BooTheGhost
    THEN YOU FAIL AT LIFE!

I NOT UNDERSTAND LE , where go find de file u say gameguard.des, and update.cfg,
    why i find my whole maplesea folder , dun hav 1, wad is decrypter mean , is it a program
    how to download it , teach me , i wan learn plz

To FinalFury1024:

The decrypter don't work for .des files. Maybe you should read the file that came along with the decrypter?

To andy6133:
    GameGuard.des can be found inside the GameGuard Folder, which is in your MapleStory Folder.

So, if you installed MS by the default settings, it should be something like:

CProgram Files\Wizet\MapleStory\GameGuard\GameGuard.des

The decrypter is only used to open some of the files in GameGuard, like update.cfg (Download at http://nprotect.maplesea.com/nProtec...ver/update.cfg)
    You only need it for emulating the servers, unless you know how to encrypt the text into the code back after changing.
    Anyway, if you want to know what decryption is, you can always refer to the dictionary to understand its definitions, or through the Wikipedia link on my starting thread. (The one on public key encryption)
    Last edited by x155; 9th February 2006 at 22:21.

good effort....
    keep it up..

to ppl like andy:
    you will learn something if you can be patient enough to read all..
    but you wont be able to bypass nProtect just yet.
    this ia NOT a tutorial of bypass..

other than that...i have nothing to say...yet

off topic..
    ar.. too tired..going to sleep now...got olvl result to take tml.. i'll reply something more useful tml...period..

edit: to x155: the des is not encrypted...use a hex edit or disassambler
    only the update file is encrypted .
    n the decryptor writer said that the decryption is pointless unless you are simply curious..
    Last edited by xumx; 9th February 2006 at 22:38.
    Buying all fame....

"R3Born" Knight of Wars likepeas's Avatar
    nice .... u think it is possible makin a runnable .... ??? you will need the source codes ....
    Wisdom cannot be given but can be taken away

can't work i tried it only give an error.....

Not Drunk Anymore! Death Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hyder531
    can't work i tried it only give an error.....
    then you didn't try hard enough or you screwed up in re-encrypting the files.

hmm hasn't this idea been brought up a million times already? no one has succeeded yet, i'm not even goign to bother trying this, but good luck to the rest of you who try

Since it's nearly impossible to guess the key to encrypt the file, looks like hacking the GameGuard.des would be some of the last alternatives left.

Quote Originally Posted by xumx
    edit: to x155: the des is not encrypted...use a hex edit or disassambler
    only the update file is encrypted .
    n the decryptor writer said that the decryption is pointless unless you are simply curious..
    Thanks for the info. Anyway, what hex editor and disassembler would you recommend? I never used any of them before, but after a quick search, it seems like XVI32 is quite popular as a hex editor.

Here's a list of hex editors:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Reverse...ng:Hex_Editors

Regarding the type of disassembler, there is a list of it at the bottom of this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disassembler

For those of you who has used any of them b4, please give me some recommendations.

Magician Apprentice
    what u are trying to do is hack the server side am i right?

x155 how do u Prevent any more patches from future GameGuard updates??

Magician Apprentice
    You dont exactly prevent future patches, it's up to the Msea people or the GG guys who decide when they want to patch again. What he means is to emulate the gameguard server on your computer by placing the current or older revision files in the server which you created. So even if there's a new patch, the gameguard updates from your server with the outdated files and thus, doesn't update at all literally. So all working bypasses now do not get patched. Which brings me to what x155 originally said:

Quote Originally Posted by x155
    IF your only excuse for keeping your bypass private is to because you're afraid that publicity will get your bypass patched, which is some members here are saying, I think you should have no problems sharing now.
    I know I'm probably going to be flamed by many for emphasising that point above, but I'm not asking those who already know how to bypass to spoon-feed the rest. What I'm saying is perhaps you all can teach us how to build our own bypasses based on your method. Even if it gets patched, we have the rev 641 files to emulate right?

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by x155
    Juz curious to ask before I shut down my com, is it possible to emulate the server for MapleStory and run MapleSEA v0.22 instead, like people did it for GameGuard? I was wondering, why all this trouble, when they did not exist in the previous version.
    Oh 1 more thing, with regard to what you said, x155, by emulating the server for ms and run ms v0.22 would be equal to starting a private server i think. It is not possible as no one has got hold of any server files though I heard that some dude in China managed to do so. Even if you did emulate the server you would be pretty much playing alone lol.

Regards,
    teabing
    Last edited by teabing; 10th February 2006 at 10:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast