+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Modern Warfare 2 - LAN play

Modern Warfare 2 - LAN play

Is there a LAN hack for MW2?

call of duty: modern warfare 2, lan, hack

COD6

Moderator & Somewhat Evil BlackDove's Avatar
    What are you trying to do? You created two identical threads and posted words for search indexing.

I haven't seen any hacks yet, but I haven't been looking either.

With this new CoD being hosted on one of the player's machines, cheating (and I mean actual cheating - not just visual enhancements) may occur in the future. Without dedicated servers, there isn't a third party to store server-side information. With this new client side implementation, it will be possible to memory hack nearly every aspect of the game, providing you know what you're doing and you're hosting. God mode, unlimited ammo, no clip etc. The challenge will be creating hooks that only affect a specific player or players. Be patient.

@BlackDove: you said you were working on MW2 @ EA... hmmm. what has EA to do with Infinity Ward or Activision?

anyways: till now I thought they would be a bit smart and use servers provided by activision or Infinity Ward (like L4D has "Valve Official Servers") and they would be really dumb to let the client really host the game (they use the steamworks lobby's and they use dedicated servers (even though there is no pub ded server there probably is one used by activision/infinity ward))

so I don't think this kind of hack would work
    and I think the threadstarter is talking about a hack without visual enhancements but more like the "Ventrillo" hack for CS:S which is a smooth aiming aimbot with a very small FOV

Moderator & Somewhat Evil BlackDove's Avatar
    EA = EasyAccount
    EA in this instance != Electronic Arts

If you're in a server, you'll notice that at least one person always has full ping bars. That means he or she is the host. It was mentioned (perhaps as a feature - can't remember) that there is always a person with 0 ping (non-dedicated host player), who has an advantage over all of the rest.

+ Reply to Thread