Easy Account for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 by BlackDove
Release Notes - November 20, 2009
- Updated for game version 1.0.168. All previous game versions are incompatible.
Release Notes - November 18, 2009
- Updated for game version 1.0.166. All previous game versions are incompatible.
- Included a playerstats file for a level 50 account with no achievements unlocked (by request).
- Updated instructions for how to make your rank permanent and downgrade.
Release Notes - November 14, 2009
- Updated the way the game is found to prevent "...needs to be running" errors.
- I managed to unlock 100% of everything and included such playerstats.txt files:
Be sure to rename one of these files to playerstats.txt to use!
Note that the playerstats_100%_complete_lvl_45_no_prestige file will not allow access to all guns as these are controlled by the experience value. As you rank up, items will be unlocked by the game.
Easy Account is a solution for importing, exporting and backing up your entire Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer playing statistics, including unlocks, weapons configurations, emblems, challenges, etc. Easy Account is a game enhancement tool, allowing users to save their progress and share stats files with friends. Easy Account is not a hack or a cheat; it offers the same benefits that are accessible to players who have a lot of free time on their hands. Use at your own risk!
- Please backup your legit MW2 stats using Easy Transfer before using EA's Easy Upgrade.
- Please click the Help button EA for directions.
- The included playerstats.txt file is for upgrading to level 70 with prestige 10. Only the unlocks that are obtained through ranking are included. All Challenges, Accolades, are still locked. All online gameplay modes are unlocked. Some Titles and Emblems are unlocked (the ones that are unlocked by ranking up only).
- To upgrade your rank to the maximum level (70 with prestige 10), use EA's Easy Upgrade.
- To reset your playerstats to level 1, please rename playerstatslvl1.txt to playstats.txt and import into MW2 using EA's Easy Upgrade. Or you may follow the directions below.
- Please use with caution - IW / Steam folks may be able to revew stats information online. Only use EA at the game's menu screen. Never leave EA running while browsing for servers or playing.
November 18, 2009 - A note about stats not being saved while using Easy Account:
Stats are created, managed and temporarily stored by the game client-side. At game launch, stats are automatically imported from the Steam Cloud, a server-side source. These imported stats come from a previous playing session that meets the following behavioral criteria:
- The game (or the client-side Steam implementation) exports (saves) stats in the Steam Cloud (server-side) under certain circumstances. One of these circumstances is after ranking up a level during an online game. After advancing a level (rank promotion), a player is able to leave the server, quit the game, and reload the game with the rank promotion intact permanently.
- A player's stats will not be saved (exported) into the Steam Cloud at the game's menu when ranking down a level (demoting) with Easy Account. For example, you will not be able to use Easy Account to permanently save the transfer from a level 70 maximum prestige account to a level 45 account due to the game's / Steam's logic. Adversely, it is possible to permanently promote your rank while at the game's menu. To accomplish this, import stats of a higher rank using Easy Account then create / modify a custom class or killstreak rewards. Doing so will export stat information to the Steam Cloud, thus making stats permanent. In this context, permanent means the stats will load as currently configured when the game is restarted.
It is always possible to reset stats by deleting the five files mentioned below. Rank up in an online match to make the reset permanent.
To reset (deleted) your stats without the help of EA, make sure MW2 is not running and navigate to (default):
...and delete the two .stat files.C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players
Then navigate to (default):
And delete the two files residing in that folder. These file names will differ between each player / Steam account.C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\(some numbered folder)\(some numbered folder)\remote\
Then navigate to the preceding folder:
...and delete remotecache.vdf.C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\(some numbered folder)\(some numbered folder)
How to get your stats to "stick" / save and how to downgrade your rank / level:
1. Make sure Steam is always running when you play MW2. Look for the Steam icon in your system tray (bottom right corner of screen near clock).
2. Quit the game if it's running and delete the five files mentioned above.
3. Run the game and run EA (at this point, your stats are at level 1).
4. Rename the stats file you want to use to playerstats.txt.
5. Click Easy Upgrade.
6. Close EA and customize a player class, change your title or emblem or earn XP points while playing a round.
7. Quit the game the normal way (through the menu).
8. Start the game without EA. Your stats should now be "stuck" / saved at the desired level.
Please send me a PM / ask permission to post or host EA elsewhere.
PayPal Donations = email@example.com
Thanks and enjoy!