+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Age Of Empires 3

Legend Killer Death Warrior Dark_Shadow's Avatar

Age Of Empires 3

I think aoe 3 looks so nice with new ragdoll effects,so much better graphics. here are 3 screens of it thanks to ign.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/576/576023p1.html?fromint=1

No more teasers the age of empire official site is up.

Update: Thx to planetaom for the update about more civilzations
    The forumers over at AOMH have done some detective work with all of the recent screenshots of Age of Empires III and have found some evidence that Germany and Portugal will be two of the eight playable cultures in the game. The two countries' flags have been seen in multiple shots and both were big players in the colonization of the Americas.
    Last edited by Dark_Shadow; 12th January 2005 at 21:46.

Kamakazee Watermelon! Golden Hero Gregsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Shadow
    I think aoe 3 looks so nice with new ragdoll effects,so much better graphics. here are 3 screens of it thanks to ign.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/576/576023p1.html?fromint=1

No more teasers the age of empire official site is up.
    Wow, tight,
    thanx for the post, i cant wait for it to be released now
    .:!Age of Empires Series & AoM Moderator!:.

.:!Trainer Section Moderator!:.

Proud Admin OfAge Rage.NET

20:04 <klandestine> i wasn't pwnd ... i have a mild brain disorder called stupidity

I am currently inactive at present.

Updated:

January 4, 2005

Dawn of a New Age: Age of Empires III Announced for 2005 Release

Microsoft Game Studios and Ensemble Studios are proud to announce the return of the king of real-time strategy games: Age of Empires III is scheduled to ship in the second half of 2005. This will be the latest landmark release in the award-winning franchise that has sold a staggering 16 million units worldwide.

Age of Empires III will offer gamers the next level of realism, with advanced battle physics and unparalleled visual detail. The new game picks up where Age of Empires II: Age of Kings left off, placing gamers in the position of a European power determined to explore, colonize and conquer the New World. This time period features stunning scenes, from towering European cathedrals to courageous tribes of Native Americans, and spectacular combat with Industrial Age units like rifled infantry, cavalry and tall ships bristling with cannons.

Age of Empires III will once again demonstrate Ensemble Studios' reputation for excellence and innovation in the real-time strategy (RTS) genre. The game will set a new standard for visual quality and amaze players with detail never before seen in an RTS. Age of Empires III will excite strategy gamers with new game-play elements, including the concept of a “Home City,“ new civilizations, units, technologies and an immersive new single-player campaign that will span three generations.

I dont know if i can wait that long by the screens posted on gameguru this one looks so goooooood.

it's gonnna beat the crap of any other RTS game that will be released the same month as it is and probley as usally there will be an expansion to AOE3 adding more nations it probley will be the ending sqeual i highly dobout a aoe4 but an expanisio to aoe3 for sure

I agree but stronghold 2,empire earth 2 looks nice also but aoe3 even looks better then them.

Do you guys think that the graphics they show now are final or will they change them like on 2nd age of empires the graphics during the beta on that one looked almost as nice as 3's.
    Last edited by Dark_Shadow; 7th January 2005 at 00:26.

s7r!v!|\|g 2 b l337 Dark Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Shadow
    I agree but stronghold 2,empire earth 2 looks nice also but aoe3 even looks better then them.

Do you guys think that the graphics they show now are final or will they change them like on 2nd age of empires the graphics during the beta on that one looked almost as nice as 3's.

Yeah i think it is final , they look pretty good.
    Hated by many.
    Loved by few.

aoe2 kicks the crap out of EE any day, there is something about the other rts games which just hasnt measured up to aoe2. lets hope that aoe3 is aoe2's gameplay with greater graphics and more options

20:04 <klandestine> i wasn't pwnd ... i have a mild brain disorder called stupidity

Yeah they should have showed some screens of what new buiildings or new commands there might be. I know what first tribe im gonna play the native americans look cool.

:||:Teh Admin:||: Power Overwhelming Virtuosofriend's Avatar
    game will be out in spring or sth like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuosofriend
    game will be out in spring or sth like that.
    But yet on some sites it still shows it being released at the end of the year.lol i hope they get a demo of it pretty soon.

i just saw 18 screenshots of it and i can say that its graphics are just state of art.i am looking forward for a demo too.

I think how u can ally the tribes and get more new units and weapons is cool. Thx to planetaom for the updates.

"There'll be 12 or so tribes - like the Aztecs, Iroquois, Cherokee, Comanche, and Sioux - with whom you can ally by building a trading post next to their encampment. When you ally, the native civilization will join with your own, giving you access to cool new units, unique weaponry, and a special knowledge of the land, lifting some of your fog of war." PC Gamer

Counting its gonna have the havok physics engine just like The punisher for the pc so thats gonna be cool.

Edit: Gamestop.com has a release date on thier site dont know if its really when it is gonna be released but it could be.
    Pre-Release
    ETA: 7/15/05

A single-player skirmish mode will let you battle AI-controlled opponents, although the game-balancing jury is still out as to whether you'll be allowed to level up a Home City in skirmish mode and then transfer it over to multiplayer bouts. PC Gamer

On the Campaign Structure

Age III's single-player campaign, composed of roughly 24 scenarios, will be divided into three Acts to form one epic storyline crossing multiple generations of a single family. PC Gamer

On the First Act

The first act will follow the heroism of Morgan Black, a settler of Scottish descent who lands in North America circa 1500. PC Gamer

On the Second and Third Acts

Acts II and III will continue the story of his lineage as the family grows roots in American soil and traverses the often rocky path of colonial history up through 1850. PC Gamer

On Real-world Events

It [the campaign] will incorporate real-world events - like the American Revolution - and guest stars from American history such as a pre-presidency Colonel Washington. PC Gamer

On an Actual Scenario

At one point, you'll have to prevent an enemy from traveling through the Rocky Mountains. To win, your demolition teams will need to set charges that will block your opponent's escape routes with a stream of rock and rubble, forcing him into battle. PC Gamer

On a Scenario Play Length

Ensemble is aiming for a general playtime of 40 minutes per scenario. PC Gamer

Also thx again for pcgamer and planetaom for the cool updates.
    Last edited by Dark_Shadow; 22nd January 2005 at 09:12.

Update: 3 more new screenshots i posted already on agerage before on here so here they are New screenshots

Thx to gamespy,planetaom for the update.

thx for the screenshots DarkShadow!

Thanx, looks incredible

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast